UGA Pecan Breeding Method
Potential new cultivars are selected on the basis of large nut size, good cracking and shelling characteristics, early nut maturity, light colored kernels, and a cluster size small enough to ensure adequate filling. Resistance or tolerance to major insect and disease pests, especially pecan scab, are also major goals.
On This Website ...
- information for both commercial growers and home pecan growers
- list of recommended cultivars
- alphabetized list of all tested cultivars (with photographs and descriptions)
- papers and publications dealing with the latest discoveries in pecan breeding, as well as valuable archived information
Latest Pecan Budgets
- 2022 Pecan - High Input Growers
- 2022 Pecan - Medium Input Growers